Thursday, March 10, 2011

Brown Rice

Have you ever made brown rice and it was all sticky and chewy and just not that good? Well I decided to investigate and try to find a better way to cook it. It is healthier than white rice because it still has the bran attached and has more vitamins minerals and fiber. I read a few ways to cook it, in the oven, adding more water ect ect. I found a way that cooks it like pasta then drain and let it steam and it worked great! The rice was nice and fluffy and not sticky or chewy.


You can start with as much rice as you need. I used 2 cups so I would have leftovers.

1-2 cups rice
12 cups water

Rinse rice off in strainer.
Boil 30 minutes, drain just like you would pasta. Return to pot put on tight fitting lid and let steam for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment