Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sundried tomato hummus


This is a recipe I got from my friend, she always seems to make it better than I do even if I do it exactly how her recipe is. This batch turned out really good. I used my chili powder that I made and it has some chipotle in it so it has a nice smoky flavor. You could use a chipotle in adobo if you like the smoky-ness.
I like to eat this with carrots, celery, crackers or toasted bread. It is a nice snack to have around. Every time I make it I think why have I waited so long to make this again! Sorry about the bad picture, I think santa is bringing me a camera so I wont have to keep using my phone.
2 cans garbanzo beans drained
6 sun dried tomatoes, re hydrated in boiling water
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup oil (I used canola)
Juice of 2 lemons
Spices, as I said I used 1 t of my chili powder. You can put oregano and basil or cumin or whatever you like.
1 t fresh ground pepper
1t or more salt to taste (I think I used almost a T of kosher salt)
Water, enough to make it as smooth as you like I used about 3/4 cup
Throw it all in the food processor or blender and mix until desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment