Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Crab Cheeseball

This is a recipe I started making when I worked at the grocery store in high school. It uses imitation crab which is made from white fish, all imitation crab is not created equal. I use a brand called seablends and it is good, try to stay away from the stuff that is supposed to be like crab legs or sticks. I use the 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese for 2 reasons, 1 I hope it is a little healthier and 2 it seems to spread on crackers easier as it is not as hard. You can roll it into a ball and cover with almonds but do it right before serving so the almonds stay crisp.
This recipe makes a lot so if you get tired of eating it on crackers and veggies you can make some crab wontons with it. Use one teaspoon in each wonton wrapper, seal and fry. I like to have a sweet and sour dipping sauce with it.

4 8 oz bars cream cheese
1 16 oz package crab meat
2 bunches green onions sliced thinly
Celery salt to taste, start with 1 T and taste it

You can just mix this in a mixer until well blended. If you are mixing it by hand break the crab up first so you don't have big pieces in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment