Monday, November 8, 2010

Veggie Cheese Soup


It is raining and starting to snow here today so I decided I better make some soup! This recipe can be changed around a bit depending on what veggies you have or want to use. I have used a frozen medley of carrots broccoli and cauliflower because that is what I had but you could use potatoes, just broccoli, really anything you want that you think would be good with a cheesy sauce.


Veggie Cheese Soup


4 cups water

1 onion diced

3-4 stalks celery diced

3 chicken bouillon cubes

1/2 t garlic powder

1 t pepper


Boil this for 15 minutes

Then add your veggies of choice and cook 15-20 minutes more until soft. Do not drain.


In a separate pan combine


4 cups milk

1/4 cup cornstarch

1 can condensed cheese soup, I used nacho cheese just for fun


Cook on medium heat and keep stirring until thickened.

Add to cooked veggie mix and simmer for another few minutes.

Season with salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment